Also check out the Pet Loss Links page for national pet loss hotlines and internet chat room support.
Support and Counseling Referrals:
- Good Grief Center: Appointments, walk-ins and phone support for volunteer peer support and referrals to professional counseling, 412-224-4700
Loss Support Group:
- Animal Friends: Support group typically meets the fourth Wednesday of each month. Call in advance to 412-847-7081.
Counselor Referrals from Heal from Pet Loss:
- Elizabeth Babcock (South: McMurray), 724-941-1940, firstname.lastname@example.org. Diverse practice, primary resource for September Pet
- Re:solve Crisis Network: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and referrals to community resources.
- More to come.....
Candlelight Remembrance Service:
- Animal Friends: Typically occurs second Thursday of each month. Call in advance to 412-847-7081.
Annual Memorial Service:
- Pet Memorial Sunday: Second Sunday in September faciliated annual through Chartiers Custom Pet Cremation, 412-220-7800.
- Hearts and Paws Ministry: Offers occasional memorial and prayer services, care and placement in times of crisis, pet food pantry support, animal blessing,
and pet fair. Through Christ United Methodist Church in Bethel Park, Hotline: 412-277-1096.
Euthanasia at home:
- Pet Loss At Home: Dr. Jaime Griffin and Dr. Dve Scherer are local contacts for this national 7 day a week service through Wisconsin veterinarian
who is compassionate and supportive of the Heal Your Heart CD. Click on link above or call 1-877-219-4811 to be connected.
Please have your zip code handy.