Also check out the Pet Loss Links page for national pet loss hotlines, internet chat room support, and pet loss counselors
that do phone, Skype and video counseling.
Pet Loss Support Group:
- Animal Friends: Support group typically meets the fourth Wednesday of each month. Call in advance to 412-847-7081.
Counselor Referrals from Heal from Pet Loss:
- Elizabeth Babcock, (South: McMurray), 724-941-1940, email@example.com. Diverse practice, primary resource for September Pet
- Teresa Mason, (East), 412-823-5155, x669 via Persoma, Via cell at 412-609-6059.
- Re:solve Crisis Network, 1-888-796-8226, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and referrals to community resources; there is also a walk-in center
on the East End of Pittsburgh
- Psychology Today, psychologytoday.com, for other locations, enter your zip code, and you may choose "grief" under "issues"
Monthly Candlelight Remembrance Service:
- Animal Friends: Typically occurs second Thursday of each month. Call in advance to 412-847-7081.
Annual Memorial Service:
- Pet Memorial Sunday: Second Sunday in September faciliated annual through Chartiers Custom Pet Cremation, 412-220-7800.
- Hearts and Paws Ministry: Offers occasional memorial and prayer services, care and placement in times of crisis, pet food pantry support, animal blessing,
and pet fair. Through Christ United Methodist Church in Bethel Park, Hotline: 412-277-1096.
Euthanasia at home:
- Pet Loss At Home: National 7 day a week service with local vets coordinated through Wisconsin veterinarian who is compassionate and supportive
of the Heal Your Heart CD. Click on link above or call 1-877-219-4811 to be connected. Please have your zip code handy.