At home euthanasia
- http://www.petlossathome.com/: National vet-owned organization providing compassionate in-home service 7 days a week, same day option. 877-219-4811.
general pet loss resource
- http://www.pet-loss.net/: Articles on coping, good links including counseling, and a nice range of bereavement products.
- aplb.org/resources/books.html: The Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement has an extensive list of relevant books
- Coping with Sorrow on the
Loss of Your Pet, Moira Anderson Allen, Dog Ear Publishing, LLC, 2007 (3rd edition)
- The Loss of
a Pet: A Guide to Coping With the Grieving Process When a Pet Dies, Wallace Sife, Phd, New York: Howell Book House, 2005
- Pet Loss: A Spiritual Guide, Eleanor L. Harris, Brooklyn: Lantern Books, 2002
Multiple pet loss books from a Christian perspective
For children, teens, families
Memorial products, gifts, remembrance gestures
- http://www.foreverpets.com/: A wide range of urns is the specialty of this site.
- http://www.bernadette-k.com/: Portraits of animals from your photographs by Bernadette Kazmarkski, illustrator of the Heal Your Heart CD.
- humanesociety.org: The Humane Society of the United States provides many meaningful ideas for honoring your pet's memory. Search on "loss
- http://www.pet-loss.net/: Extensive collection of pet memorial products, condolence gifts, and CD's
- www.4pawsforever.org/: Custom keepsakes, garden stones, jewelry and urns. All profits are donated to help privately funded humane shelters and
- www.petloss.com/: Major link to the weekly worldwide pet loss candle ceremony. Includes chatroom support and language translations. Excellent
- http://www.aplb.org/: Through the Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement, professionally trained volunteers host chat rooms under
the direction of a psychologist.
- http://www.petloss.com/: A safe, monitored message board and chatroom available throughout the week, but most active during the Monday evening
candle ceremony (10 PM Eastern)
The focus of this site is to keep the list brief for the manageability of the readers. If you feel strongly that a
link should be added, please email. If you find that a link is not longer current, please send an email so this list
can be kept current: Karen@HealFromPetLoss.com
. Thank you!